Is your high schooler ready for college?
ACCORDING TO a recent report from the national ACT board, far too many students are graduating high school without the skills needed for college and career.
The statistics are sobering, but take heart! There are steps you can take to help prepare your teens for college.
College Prep Tips and Resources
Start by checking out the following links:
- College Prep 101: Create and stick to deadlines
- College Prep 101: Create a quiet workspace
- College Prep 101: Teach responsible study habits
- College Prep 101: Limit social networking
- College Prep: Focus on key writing skills
- Helping your high schooler with writing
- 4 tips for writing college-application essays
- The HomeScholar: Helping Parents Homeschool High School
- HSLDA| Homeschooling High School
“Don’t succumb to the temptation to throw in the towel, just when the rewards promise to be so great! Homeschooling through high school is worth the effort! It’s one of the best times you’ll have with your children, before they launch and start their own lives at college or beyond. Stay the course, and finish strong.”
Infographic: Unprepared for College
Here are some additional statistics to remind you (and your teen) of why purposeful college preparation is so important.
Based on a work at College@Home. Used with permission.
Sign up for the WriteShop list to get your free 33 printable word bank prompts.