Spring writing activities | Creative writing & poetry
Spring is in the air—and it’s a great time to look for some fresh writing opportunities for your children. Considering my wacky schedule this week, I thought I’d visit the archives and find some creative writing ideas that will help you dispel spring fever. Give them a try!
New birth, fresh growth: springtime fairly explodes with life! Poetry is a perfect way to capture the fragrance, blossoms, showers, sunshine, and birdsong of the season. Visit these mini poetry lessons for some inspiration.
- Writing a cinquain – A simple five-line descriptive poem
- Writing a diamante – A seven-line poem of opposites
- Writing a haiku poem – Imagery-packed poem in seventeen little syllables
- Spring into writing, part 1 – Journaling prompts and descriptive writing ideas
- Spring into writing, part 2 – More poetry for spring: acrostics and color poems
Brighten up your schooling: let your children dabble in these simple, creative, colorful writing exercises. You’ll love the results!