7 Poem in Your Pocket Day ideas – and free bookmarks!
The fabulous Poem in Your Pocket Day is just around the corner!
“The idea is simple: select a poem you love during National Poetry Month then carry it with you to share with co-workers, family, and friends [on Poem in Your Pocket Day].” Poems from pockets will be unfolded throughout the day with events in parks, libraries, schools, workplaces, and bookstores. ~Poet.org
Poem in Your Pocket Day Ideas to Try
Here are seven simple Poem in Your Pocket Day ideas to explore:
1. Keep a short poem in your pocket. Look at it often and memorize it.
2. Print some favorite poems and pass them out in your classroom or homeschool group.
3. Post a poem on your blog or social networking page.
4. Add a poem to your email footer.
5. Text a poem to friends.
6. Tweet a poem using the hashtag #pocketpoem.
7. Distribute bookmarks with lines from favorite poems. Younger kids will love the ones on this free printable!
Click the image above to download the Poetry Bookmarks. If you would like to share this free printable with others, please link to this post. Do not link directly to the PDF file.
SHARE! What poem will you keep in your pocket on Poem in Your Pocket Day?