At long last, we’re excited to announce the release of the final book of our WriteShop Primary series. Yes—WriteShop Primary Book C has arrived!
About WriteShop Primary
WriteShop Primary introduces young children to the steps of the writing process using engaging activities, crafts, and picture books. The program creates an environment that promotes a joy of learning in young students and helps them experience success as they develop the ability to write. Whether you have a more advanced child or one who is just beginning, this program is flexible so children can work at their own level.
Who can use Book C?
Book C is recommended for second and third grade, but many of our test families also used it successfully with reluctant fourth, fifth, and even sixth graders. Parents also appreciated being able to use the book with children who learn with difficulty.
In Book C, children learn to:
- Plan, create, and publish simple stories, articles, and reports with parent help.
- Choose the main ingredients of a story before beginning to write.
- Learn to ask who, what, when, where, why?
- Use different graphic organizers to plan a story.
- Write entries in a personal journal.
- Describe an object, a person, and a place.
- Write a nonfiction article.
- Write a book report.
- Learn to use research to write a short report.
- “Publish” stories through projects or crafts.
Other skills introduced in Book C
- Using standard spelling
- Identifying describing words
- Using a simple self-editing checklist
- Summarizing contents of familiar books
- Collecting research facts about a specific topic
- Using computer publishing software
Here’s what parents have been saying about Book C
“The lessons were simple enough to build my son’s confidence,
yet challenging enough that he was always learning something new.” –Tammy, Florida
“I appreciate that I could teach three of my children at the same time and see each one’s writing improve. It’s beneficial for students with a wide variety of writing skills—non-writers, reluctant writers, disorganized writers—even enthusiastically prolific writers!” –Beth, South Carolina
“I am amazed at the progress my son made in such a short time. His ability to put his thoughts together in an organized way has improved dramatically. WriteShop Primary was very easy to teach. I loved that the lessons were easy to adapt to different learning styles.” –Bonnie, TX