WriteShop Primary Book B introduces the steps of the writing process through engaging activities, crafts, and picture books and creates an environment that promotes a joy of learning. The program accommodates pre-writers as well as beginning and developing writers. Children who are reluctant or not able to write on their own are encouraged to dictate their stories and ideas to you.
As their skills develop, they will learn to help more and more with the actual writing. For more advanced students, extra challenges appear throughout each lesson to promote stronger writing habits.
The Book B Teacher's Guide takes you step-by-step through the writing process so you can teach---and edit---with confidence.
By the end of Book B, children will have learned to plan, create, and publish simple stories with parent help. They will:
- Use graphic organizers to plan a story
- Include a beginning, a middle, and an end
- Identify the main character in a story
- Learn to add story details
- Organize a story to include a problem and its solution
- Write a friendly letter
- Write a personal narrative
- Retell nursery rhymes and fairy tales in their own words
- “Publish” stories through projects or crafts
Other skills introduced in Book B include:
- Concept of paragraph form and indentation
- Standard spelling and using spelling tools
- Identifying the parts of a friendly letter
- Identifying words that rhyme
- Using a different voice to tell a story
- Using a dictionary to help improve writing and spelling
- Choosing story endings
If purchasing the E-BOOK (digital) version
- You will receive an email containing a link to the digital download of the Teacher’s Guide.
Nancy I. Sanders
1st or 2nd grade; may also be used with reluctant 3rd graders
Soft cover with plastic-coil binding; lies flat for ease of use
Yes, you'll need both teacher and student components
Activity Pack B