WriteShop Junior Time-Saver Pack | Book D
Cut your advance prep time! Instead of making your own game cards, spinners, and other tools to teach creative writing, you’ll appreciate the Time-Saver Pack’s sturdy, ready-made props for many Book D activities.
NOTE: The Time-Saver Pack is not a substitute for the Book D Activity Pack.
Pre-writing games and skill-building activities make learning to write exciting and enjoyable for elementary ages. That’s why WriteShop Junior includes dozens of activities that teach new skills in the way your child learns best. Appealing to visual, auditory, and hands-on learners, the Book D Time-Saver Pack introduces new writing concepts in fun and clever ways.
This product truly saves you precious hours of prep time. Instead of creating and assembling your own game cards, spinners, and other tools to teach creative writing, busy moms like you will appreciate the Time-Saver Pack’s sturdy, ready-made props for many Book D activities, such as:
- Where in the World? Globe Spinner and Cards to describe the setting in an adventure story
- Camp Whodunit Cards to practice with the elements of a mystery
- Make a Face Emotion Cards to develop a character’s voice
- Adjective Exchange Coins and Back to the Clothesline to replace weak words with strong ones
- True Stories! Cards and Spinner to plan the elements of a personal narrative
The Time-Saver Pack is not a stand-alone product. Pages are designed to supplement WriteShop Junior Book D and require the Book D Teacher’s Guide for directions. This product is completely OPTIONAL. If you would rather make your own game spinners, cards, and other props, you’ll find instructions in the Book D Teacher’s Guide.
If purchasing the PRINT version
- One print-version Time-Saver Pack may be used with 2-3 students.
- Permission is granted to photocopy unlimited pages for single-family use only.
If purchasing the E-book (digital) version
- If you prefer to print your own cardstock pages, or you are teaching more than 3 students, purchase the Time-Saver Pack as a digital product (PDF download).
- Permission is granted to print out unlimited pages for single-family use only.
If purchasing the product bundle
- You will receive the Teacher’s Guide, Activity Pack, and Time-Saver Pack.
- If you order the E-book version of the bundle, you will receive an email containing a link to the digital download of your products.
Notice to Co-ops and Schools
- Co-ops and schools may NOT print the Time-Saver Pack pages without a site license agreement.
- Please contact WriteShop regarding educational discounts and site-licensing information.
Nancy I. Sanders
3rd or 4th grade; may also be used with reluctant 5th graders
Loose pages printed on sturdy cardstock, shrink-wrapped
No, this is an optional component
Teacher’s Guide Book D, Activity Pack D
What Parents Are Saying…
The Time Saver Pack has always been life saver for my time and sanity!
Kayla, The Arrowood Zoo
Thank you so much for designing the cards and spinners. The less time I have to spend in prep, the more time we have for learning!
Love, love, love, LOVE the Time-Saver Pack.
Stefanie, Life With My Giggly Girls
The Time-Saver Pack definitely lives up to its name. It is such a great help to have all the games and tools ready to go with minimal preparation on my end.
Sometimes life is just easier when someone else saves you the time and effort.
Michele, Family, Faith, and Fridays
Ben’s really starting to look forward to the “writing games” included in each WriteShop lesson. Thanks for providing the game materials in the Time-Saver Pack—it saved so much time!
Highly recommend getting it, whether you order the digital version or the print version … These are truly a time saver, and well worth the small investment.
Jenn, Jenn’s RAQ
Time-Saver Pack D Contents
Invitation Mix-Match (Dear Sports fans letter)
Invitation Mix-Match (Dear Sergeant Matt letter)
Invitation Mix-Match (Dear damsels and knights letter)
Punctuation Pointer Cards
Skill Builder: Funny Situations Sentence Starters
Skill Builder: Funny Situations Character Cards
Pre-writing: Where in the World? Globe Spinner
Pre-writing: Where in the World? Character Cards
Pre-writing: Where in the World? Problem Cards
Pre-writing: Camp Whodunit Cards
Skill Builder: Back to the Clothesline Template
Skill Builder: Adjective Exchange Coins (Small)
Skill Builder: Adjective Exchange Coins (Large – 3 sheets)
Pre-writing: “Tails” Game
Skill Builder: Make a Face
Skill Builder: Spin-a-Voice Spinner
Pre-writing: True Stories! Cards
Pre-writing: True Stories! Spinner