Looking for a curriculum that puts the fun back in writing? Then you'll love WriteShop Junior!
WriteShop Junior is a creative writing program that appeals to many learning styles. As with all WriteShop products, Book E helps you guide children through the steps of the writing process. To keep the experience fun, each lesson includes engaging games and activities that teach and review important writing skills. And whether you have a more advanced child or one who is fairly new to writing, this program is flexible so children can work at their own level.
While each lesson follows a consistent format, the varied and interesting activities mean your child will look forward to each day’s work. Lessons break the writing process into manageable chunks that are easy to understand and master. The Teacher’s Guide includes several schedules with daily lesson plans. Schedules are flexible and easy to follow.
This is not an independent course: lessons are designed for parent and child to work together. Successful writing results from purposeful instruction. That's why WriteShop Junior has been created with parent-and-child partnership in mind.
Book E builds on foundational skills your child has learned in the past. Students will grow in their brainstorming and planning skills, gain confidence in writing creatively, and learn new ways to edit and revise their stories and reports. In addition, Book E introduces 5-paragraph writing in a way that's practically painless!
- Book E is ideal for students in 4th and 5th grade.
- This level may also be used with reluctant 6th and 7th graders who have had little or no formal writing instruction.
- Parents also appreciate being able to use the program with struggling learners.
- If your 4th-6th grader has had little to no past writing experience---or is not quite ready for 5-paragraph writing---we suggest beginning with Book D, especially if they have weak punctuation or grammar skills and still need a lot of help planning, organizing, and adding details to a story.
If purchasing the E-BOOK (digital) version
- You will receive an email containing a link to the digital download of the Teacher's Guide.
Nancy I. Sanders
4th or 5th grade; may also be used with reluctant 6th (or even 7th) graders
Soft cover with plastic-coil binding; lies flat for ease of use
Yes, you'll need both teacher and student components
Activity Pack E, Time-Saver Pack E, Junior Writer's Notebook 1