What's new in the 5th edition?
- Faith-neutral content
- Updated, streamlined introduction
- Updated content in some lessons
- Updated answer keys
- Updated parent-friendly schedules
- Improved, high-resolution quality
With the Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I & II, you'll confidently teach descriptive, informative, narrative, and persuasive writing. Lesson plans cover BOTH WriteShop I and WriteShop II, including discussion ideas, pre-writing activities, thorough explanations, and plenty of student samples. Teachers and homeschool parents alike will find many other helpful teacher resources in this idea-packed book.
The Teacher's Manual helps ensure success of the program. Without it, the student workbooks lose much of their effectiveness. Only one-quarter of the TM contains lesson plans. The remainder of the handy, tab-divided manual is devoted to helping you learn to effectively edit and evaluate your students' writing. One look at the Table of Contents will convince you that this meaty resource is no ordinary teacher's guide!
The Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I & II includes
- Clearly outlined teacher lesson plans
- Instructions for many lesson exercises that are NOT found in the student workbook
- Tips for editing, evaluating, and grading student compositions (including edited examples of actual student work)
- Suggestions for addressing problem areas
- Instructions for using student and teacher checklists
- Answer keys to Skill Builders and pre-writing activities
- Extensive appendix offering hundreds of ideas for lesson expansion, persuasive essay topics, creative fiction, projects, and writing across the curriculum
This is not a stand-alone book. The Teacher's Manual provides parents and teachers with the tools they need to teach both WriteShop I and WriteShop II, but please note that it does not include copies of student pages. While the student book is written directly to the student, the Teacher's Manual is still needed to teach the course, as the it contains specific lesson instructions, keys, and evaluation notes.
Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
Junior high and high school
tab-divided sections, Soft cover with plastic-coil binding; lies flat for ease of use
Yes, you'll need both teacher and student components
WriteShop I student workbook, WriteShop II student workbook, Copying & Dictation Exercises