Journaling fun with World of Sports StoryBuilders
THE Winter Olympics may be drawing to a close, but it’s never too late for your kids to flex their creative writing muscles with mix-and-match writing prompts. Extreme sports are just a stone’s throw away with WriteShop StoryBuilders card decks!
- WriteShop offers four different StoryBuilders sets: World of Sports, World of People, World of Animals, and Christmas.
- Each deck of 192 cards offers endless combinations for hilarious or serious stories, with 48 different choices for each story element: character, character trait, setting, and plot.
- Cards can be randomly picked for “wild card” journaling, or carefully chosen if your child already has a topic in mind.
- Younger children can dictate their stories, while older or more confident children write their own.
- Award-winning StoryBuilders are the perfect writing warm-up activity!
This week, give your kids a taste of the World of Sports StoryBuilders! To get their creative juices flowing, we chose the four writing prompt cards pictured below. Write the words on index cards or squares of colored paper. Then pass them out and let the fun begin!
If your children enjoyed this taste of StoryBuilders writing prompts, consider getting a whole pack of them from the WriteShop store. Just download and go! And don’t just take our word for it—check out these reviews:
- Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Chatter, Clatter, and Things That Matter
- Homeschooling Hearts and Minds
- Homeschool Creations
Finally, be sure to check back each week for more Writing Prompt Wednesdays!
Photos: Leon Wilson (snowboarder), Faisal Saeed (mountain), and Cliff (medal), courtesy of Creative Commons
Sign up for the WriteShop list to get your free 33 printable word bank prompts.