NOTE: The Time-Saver Pack is not a substitute for the Book E Activity Pack.
Pre-writing games and skill-building activities make learning to write exciting and enjoyable for elementary ages. That’s why WriteShop Junior includes dozens of activities that teach new skills in the way your child learns best. Appealing to visual, auditory, and hands-on learners, the Book E Time-Saver Pack introduces new writing concepts in fun and clever ways.
This product truly saves you precious hours of prep time. Instead of creating and assembling your own game cards, spinners, and other tools to teach creative writing, busy moms like you will appreciate the Time-Saver Pack’s sturdy, ready-made props for many Book E activities, such as:
- Spin-a-Story Adventure! Spinner to choose exciting elements for an adventure story
- Stop and Go Flags to practice identifying sentences that don’t belong
- Unlock the Mystery Bookmarks to identify important parts of a story
- Fishing for Synonyms Cards to practice replacing boring words with descriptive ones
The Time-Saver Pack is not a stand-alone product. Pages are designed to supplement WriteShop Junior Book E and require the Book E Teacher’s Guide for instructions. This product is completely OPTIONAL. If you would rather make your own game spinners, cards, and other props, you’ll find instructions in the Book E Teacher’s Guide.
If purchasing the PRINT version
- One print-version Time-Saver Pack may be used with 2-3 students.
- Permission is granted to photocopy unlimited pages for single-family use only.
If purchasing the E-BOOK (digital) version
- If you prefer to print your own cardstock pages, or you are teaching more than 3 students, purchase the Time-Saver Pack as a digital product (PDF download).
- Permission is granted to print out unlimited pages for single-family use only.
Notice to Co-ops and Schools
- Co-ops and schools may NOT print the Time-Saver Pack pages without a site license agreement.
- Please contact WriteShop regarding educational discounts and site-licensing information.
Nancy I. Sanders
4th or 5th grade; may also be used with reluctant 6th (or even 7th) graders
Loose pages printed on sturdy cardstock, shrink-wrapped
No, this is an optional component
Teacher's Guide Book E, Activity Pack E, Junior Writer's Notebook 1