NOTE: Time-Saver Pack F is not a substitute for the Book F Activity Pack.
Pre-writing games and skill-building activities make learning to write exciting and enjoyable for elementary ages. That’s why WriteShop Junior includes dozens of activities that teach new skills in the way your child learns best. Appealing to visual, auditory, and hands-on learners, the Book F Time-Saver Pack introduces new writing concepts in fun and clever ways.
This product truly saves you precious hours of prep time. Instead of creating and assembling your own game cards, spinners, and other tools to teach creative writing, busy moms like you will appreciate the Time-Saver Pack’s sturdy, ready-made props for many Book F activities, such as:
- Get Ready for Adventure! Cards to choose exciting elements for an adventure story
- Sentence Dominoes to practice starting sentences in different ways
- Story Tree to learn to add details, interest, and information to their writing
- Choose Your Own Report Game to introduce the step-by-step process of writing a nonfiction report
The Time-Saver Pack is not a stand-alone product. Pages are designed to supplement WriteShop Junior Book F and require the Book F Teacher’s Guide for instructions. This product is completely OPTIONAL. If you would rather make your own game spinners, cards, and other props, you’ll find instructions in the Book F Teacher’s Guide.
If purchasing the PRINT version
- One print-version Time-Saver Pack may be used with 2-3 students.
- Permission is granted to photocopy unlimited pages for single-family use only.
If purchasing the E-BOOK (digital) version
- Digital version is available for immediate download. You will receive a link in your email receipt.
- If you prefer to print your own cardstock pages, or you are teaching more than 3 students, purchase the Time-Saver Pack as a digital product (PDF download).
- Permission is granted to print out unlimited pages for single-family use only.
Notice to Co-ops and Schools
- Co-ops and schools may NOT print the Time-Saver Pack pages without a license agreement.
- Please contact WriteShop regarding educational discounts and site-licensing information.
Nancy I. Sanders
5th or 6th grade; may also be used with reluctant 7th (or even 8th) graders
Loose pages printed on sturdy cardstock, shrink-wrapped
No, this is an optional component
Activity Pack F, Junior Writer's Notebook 2, Teacher's Guide Book F
What Parents Are Saying…
The Time-Saver Pack definitely lives up to its name. It is such a great help to have all the games and tools ready to go with minimal preparation on my end.
Thank you so much for designing the cards and spinners. The less time I have to spend in prep, the more time we have for learning!
Ben’s really starting to look forward to the “writing games” included in each WriteShop lesson. Thanks for providing the game materials in the Time-Saver Pack—it saved so much time!
The Time-Saver Pack pages are fun, engaging, and really help to reinforce the lessons.
Time-Saver Pack E Contents
Pre-writing: Get Ready for Adventure! Cards
Skill Builder: Tall Tales Spinner
Pre-writing: Choose Your Own Mystery Board (2 boards)
Pre-writing: Mystery and Suspect Cards
Pre-writing: Detective and Clue Cards
Mystery Book Cover
Pre-writing: You Were There! Game Board
Pre-writing: You Were There! Spinner
Pre-writing: You Were There! Blank Spinner
Mini Poem Pages (2 sheets)
Skill Builder: Picture Perfect
Pre-writing: Five Senses Spin-off Spinner
Pre-writing: Five Senses Spin-off Cards
Skill Builder: Sentence Dominoes
Skill Builder: Sentence Dominoes (blank)
Pre-writing: Story Stacker Game Board (2 boards)
Pre-writing: Story Stacker Cards
Pre-writing: Take a Book Walk!
9:3 Skill Builder: Story Tree
Skill Builder: Choose Your Own Report Game Board
Skill Builder: Choose Your Own Report Game Pieces
Skill Builder: Choose Your Own Report Display Boards