WriteShop I or II Video Course ONLY
If you’re unsure about teaching WriteShop I or II on your own, or you have limited teaching time available, this supplemental Video Course* may be the answer. Clear instructions, colorful graphics, and practical examples make the videos interesting and motivating for junior high and high school students alike.
One-time purchase of each course permits use for your entire family. Videos are designed to supplement WriteShop I or II. Books are sold separately.
To see a lesson, click the Video Lesson Sample tab below.
*Internet connection required. Not available in DVD.
Video Course for Homeschoolers!
Even though WriteShop was created for parents who struggle to teach writing, sometimes we just need extra help.
- Feel unequipped to teach middle- or high-school writing.
- Can’t afford a writing class or tutor.
- Homeschool many children or otherwise feel pressed for time.
- Care for an aging parent or special-needs child.
Play With Education* provides quality e-learning solutions for families using WriteShop. If you’re unsure about teaching writing on your own, or you don’t have time to add one more thing to your schedule, Play With Education’s online Video Course may be the answer.
About the Video Course
This is an online (not DVD) Video Companion Course for WriteShop I and II. Designed for homeschooling parents who need extra help teaching WriteShop, the course walks teens through each WriteShop lesson and activity.
Lessons are presented using practical examples and demonstrations. Using a blend of words, pictures, and friendly narrative, each 10- to 15-minute video breaks down WriteShop lessons into segments and gives in-depth explanations of the key points in a fun and easily understood way.
Video Course Features
- The video course may be used for your entire family.
- Course is not available on DVD. Internet access is required.
- Access the course through your personal, password-protected portal.
- Go at your own pace.
- Lessons never expire.
- Instructor is an experienced private tutor who has taught and edited papers for WriteShop students for over a decade.
To see a lesson, click the Video Lesson Sample tab above.
The Video Course provides STUDENTS with:
- Foundational material for the Skill Builders.
- Student sample papers for each lesson.
- Step-by-step examples that walk teens through the writing process.
- Techniques to identify repeated words, passive verbs, and other common mistakes.
- Practical instructions for using each of WriteShop’s sentence variations.
- Guidance to help students independently edit their own work.
The Video Course provides PARENTS with:
- A teacher’s overview of the entire WriteShop program.
- Guidance and tips to confidently edit your student’s paper.
- The flexibility to either follow the WriteShop core schedule or work at your own pace.
Need More Help with Editing and Grading?
Play With Education also offers full-service instruction, editing, and grading. Learn more at their website. Click here and scroll down to view the pricing chart.
Video Course Requirements
The course supplements the required WriteShop student and teacher materials (sold separately). In addition to the Video Course and Internet access, you will need to purchase the following products:
- WriteShop I or WriteShop II Student Workbook
- Teacher’s Manual for WriteShop I & II
- Blue Book of Grammar
- The Synonym Finder [aff] or other comprehensive thesaurus
How to Access the Video Lessons
*** Course is not available on DVD***
Within a few days of purchasing your Video Course, you will receive email instructions for logging in to the Student Portal. As long as you have an Internet connection, your student will be able to access the course any time.
WriteShop® is the registered trademark of WriteShop, Inc. Play with Education is not affiliated with WriteShop, Inc. The Play with Education website, videos, and other tutoring materials refer to various WriteShop copyrighted trademarks and registered marks owned by WriteShop, Inc. The trademarked names in Play with Education’s website and tutoring materials are used with permission of WriteShop.
Play With Education
Junior high and high school
Online video course
The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation, WriteShop I or II
I enjoyed having someone else explain the concepts. It helped to keep writing happening because my son didn’t have to wait on me to prep the lesson.
Stacey L., homeschool mom
Your video instructions are always so clear, comprehensive, and easy to follow.
Karen B., homeschool mom
[Our son] really enjoys your PowerPoint teaching method. We’re looking forward to WriteShop II.
Sally Z., homeschool mom