WriteShop Junior is a creative writing program that appeals to many learning styles. As with all WriteShop products, Book F helps you guide students through the steps of the writing process. To keep the experience fun, each lesson includes games and activities that teach and review important writing and self-editing skills.
BOOK F VALUE PACK INCLUDES:
- Book F Teacher's Guide view details
- Activity Pack F view details
- Time-Saver Pack F view details
- Junior Writer's Notebook 2 view details
1. Teacher's Guide
Clear, step-by-step teaching instructions, schedule options and daily lesson plans, options for both advanced and struggling learners
2. Activity Pack
Component 1: Student Worksheet Pack includes:
• Pre-writing Activities
• Skill Builders
• Journal Prompt Pages
• Brainstorming Worksheets
• Reading Log Forms
• Self-editing Checklists
• Evaluation Charts
Component 2: Fold-N-Go Grammar Pack Level 3 includes:
• 10 Fold-N-Go Grammar and Writing Guides (print version is printed on colored paper)
• 20 Fold-N-Go Bookmarks for quick review
• Assembly Instructions & Answer Keys
Simple rules, engaging examples, and practice exercises make learning or reviewing grammar fun!
3. Time-Saver Pack
Cut your advance prep time! Instead of making your own game cards, spinners, and other tools to teach creative writing, you’ll appreciate the Time-Saver Pack’s sturdy, ready-made props for many Book F activities.
4. Junior Writer's Notebook: Fun with Genre (digital only)
A Writer’s Notebook helps young writers develop stronger, more interesting stories and reports. Printable Junior Writer’s Notebook pages help improve skills while making writing a whole lot more fun!
- 15 printable worksheets to help children plan and write
- Pages can be printed as often as needed for your entire family
- Worksheets guide students to write in different genres, develop stories more fully, or prepare interesting reports
The Junior Writer's Notebook is available only as a digital PDF download.
- Book F is ideal for students in 5th and 6th grade.
- This level may also be used with reluctant 7th graders who have had little or no formal writing instruction.
- Parents also appreciate being able to use the program with struggling learners.
- If your 5th grader has had little to no past writing experience, we suggest beginning with Book E, especially if they still need a lot of help planning, organizing, and adding details to a story.
If Purchasing the Print Version*
The consumable Activity Pack may be reproduced for your immediate family. Student Worksheet pages are printed on white paper and will reproduce clearly. The Fold-N-Go Grammar section, which is printed on colored paper, may not photocopy well.
- Option 1: If photocopying is not an option, buy an extra Book F Activity Pack for each additional student.
- Option 2: If you plan to photocopy the white Student Worksheet pages from the Activity Pack but give each child their own Fold-N-Go, buy an extra Level 3 Fold-N-Go Grammar Pack for each additional child.
- Option 3: Order the digital (PDF) version of the Book F Activity Pack so you can print as many student pages as you need.
If Purchasing the E-book (Digital) Version**
The digital Value Pack is available as a PDF download. It contains everything you will need for teaching Book F, whether you plan to use the program with just one child or with several. Feel free to download and print as many copies from the E-books as you need for your immediate family’s use only.
**Digital Version is available for immediate download.
Nancy I. Sanders
5th or 6th grade; may also be used with reluctant 7th (or even 8th) graders
Print or digital bundle
Junior Writer's Notebook is available in E-book (digital PDF) format only
What Parents Are Saying…
My daughter is 12 … [Book F] has completely changed her outlook on writing. Her enthusiasm is through the roof. She seeks ways to lengthen her writing to add more concrete words … and her journal entries (we journal daily with the Write Shop calendar prompts) have tripled in length.
Krista A., Georgia
Before WriteShop Junior, I could barely hope for a paragraph. Now I see more writing than ever—and his comfort with the process is so refreshing!
Jennifer J., Illinois
WriteShop Junior Book F was just right for my 5th grader. I like the gentle way it went from paragraph writing to 5-paragraph writing. She’s no longer afraid to write multiple paragraphs. I don’t think she would have felt that way … before Book F.
Andrea A., California
This program is fantastic and my 12 year old boy actually likes it!
Kristol V., Texas
I like the way the lessons are made for all kinds of learning styles.
Nancy L., California
Thank you for the help in organization, grammar, genres … and the entire writing process. We have truly enjoyed ourselves and consider Book F to have been a blessing in our schooling.
Ellie E., Idaho
The editing process in Book F was masterful, and editing became easier and easier as each lesson went along. My confidence grew along with theirs.
Tammy L., New Mexico
Write Shop Junior has been such a blessing for my daughter. When she started using the program, she was a reluctant writer. Now, she proclaims that writing is her favorite subject. She especially enjoys the games and the fun ways to publish her writing.
Lauren B., Virginia
My daughter has always enjoyed writing. These lessons helped her advance her techniques and style by using colorful details and expanding a report with relevant topics.
Sandi R., Georgia
The game activities were our favorite part of the program. What better way to learn a new skill or writing tool than with non-threatening and fun activity! [We] looked forward to [playing] together. Who gets to say that with a writing curriculum?
Rosemary V., California
I just loved experiencing Book F with my kids. The brainstorming sheets were most valuable to me, as they helped me kick off the project that was to bloom.
Kim M., Florida
WriteShop Junior Book F includes the following lessons:
Lesson 1: Adventure
Lesson 2: Tall Tales
Lesson 3: Mystery
Lesson 4: Historical Fiction
Lesson 5: Poetry | Limericks
Lesson 6: Persuasive Letter
Lesson 7: Personal Narrative
Lesson 8: Summary
Lesson 9: Book Report | Responding to Literature
Lesson 10: Expository Writing | Nonfiction Report
Working three days a week, you will typically finish one lesson in three weeks. Each lesson includes pre-writing games, brainstorming with graphic organizers, story writing (with help as needed), self-editing, and publishing the story in a creative way.
Skills Taught in Book F:
- Writing in different fiction genres
- Writing nonfiction and book reports
- Writing using 5 or more paragraphs (beginning in Lesson 7)
- Answering journal prompts
- Planning and organizing each writing project
- Choosing strong words and synonyms
- Including sensory detail
- Writing sentences of different lengths
- Adding sentence starters
- Using dialogue to show, not tell
- Developing voice and emotion
- Publishing final drafts in a creative way
- Using references
- Using self-editing tools
- Learning and practicing key grammar skills