Value Pack includes
- Book E Teacher's Guide view details
- Activity Pack E view details
- Time-Saver Pack E view details
- Junior Writer's Notebook 1 view details
If Purchasing the Print VersionThe consumable Activity Pack may be reproduced for your immediate family. Student Worksheet pages are printed on white paper and will reproduce clearly. The Fold-N-Go Grammar section, which is printed on colored paper, may not photocopy well.
- Option 1: If photocopying is not an option, buy an extra Book E Activity Pack for each additional student.
- Option 2: If you plan to photocopy the white Student Worksheet pages from the Activity Pack but give each child their own Fold-N-Go, buy an extra Level 2 Fold-N-Go Grammar Pack for each additional child.
- Option 3: Order the digital (PDF) version of the Book E Activity Pack so you can print as many student pages as you need.
If Purchasing the E-book (Digital) VersionThe digital Value Pack is available as a PDF download. It contains everything you will need for teaching Book E, whether you plan to use the program with just one child or with several. Feel free to download and print as many copies from the E-books as you need for your immediate family's use only.
Nancy I. Sanders
4th or 5th grade; may also be used with reluctant 6th (or even 7th) graders
Print or digital bundle
Junior Writer's Notebook is available in E-book (digital PDF) format only
What Parents (and Students) Are Saying…
WriteShop is the most complete, fun and effective writing program we have found, and it makes teaching writing ‘do-able’ for me! Thank you again … and again!
Shyla Peters, homeschooling parent
I used to feel so unprepared to teach writing and was frustrated when my son didn’t get it. With the tools offered in Book E, he’s now equipped to take on many kinds of writing. The lessons are easy to follow and enjoyable!
Krystin Corneilson, homeschooling parent
My kids have learned buckets! Above all else, they have gained a confidence in writing that they didn’t have before. Thanks … I can’t say it enough.
Marisa Kalmbach, homeschooling parent
My son is very challenging to homeschool so I am very surprised by his response to this curriculum. He LOVES it!
Michelle Manley, homeschooling parent
Thank you so much for your wonderful writing programs! [We] are just completing Book E (reluctant 4th grader), and this was the first year without fights at writing time!
Kristen Ingebretsen, homeschooling parent
This was my first time using Write Shop. I am truly impressed with this program … easy to follow and had great activities along the way.
Michelle Schear, homeschooling parent
We had a good time with the assignments this year, and the varying activities keeps it light and fun.
Kelly Burgess, KGB That’s Me!
I really loved the writing prompts because they made me think of things that I wouldn’t have on my own. They inspired me to write a little bit everyday and I think my writing has gotten better. The Writer’s Notebook is my favorite part. I learned some things about editing my stories, too, even though that isn’t as much fun as writing. It makes my stories better and that’s important.
Homeschool student (age 12), Embracing Destiny
WriteShop Junior Book E includes the following lessons:
Lesson 1: Fables
Lesson 2: Humor
Lesson 3: Adventure
Lesson 4: Science Fiction
Lesson 5: Mystery
Lesson 6: Poetry | Shape Poems
Lesson 7: Personal Narrative
Lesson 8: Descriptive Narrative
Lesson 9: Book Report | Responding to Literature
Lesson 10: Expository Writing | Nonfiction Report
Working three days a week, you will typically finish one lesson in three weeks. Each lesson includes pre-writing games, brainstorming with graphic organizers, story writing (with help as needed), self-editing, and publishing the story in a creative way.
Skills Taught in Book E:
- Writing in different fiction genres
- Writing nonfiction and book reports
- Answering journal prompts
- Planning and organizing each writing project
- Choosing strong words and synonyms
- Developing voice and emotion
- Writing sentences of different lengths
- Learning to write using 5 paragraphs
- Publishing final drafts in a creative way
- Using references
- Using a variety of self-editing tools