- Use their imaginations to create fictional stories
- Plan a story’s elements based on a set of 10 thematic story prompts
- Express themselves both verbally and in writing
- Practice writing stories that have a beginning, middle, and end
- Incorporate character qualities and emotions into their stories
- Describe a story’s setting
Word Bank Story TopicsKids will love creating stories around exciting themes like these:
- A Unicorn Tale
- Secret in the Attic
- Treasure Trouble
- Steampunk Alley
- Peril in Paris
- Keep Out!
- The Great Museum Mystery
- The Day Everything Went Wrong
- ... plus 25 more!
What's Included?Print out Word Bank Story Prompts in your choice of two formats, each containing the same 33 word banks:
- 33 printable lined pages: Younger children will most likely prefer these colorfully decorated lined pages.
- 33 printable card sets: Tweens and teens will love many of the topics! If they think the illustrated pages seem too young, they’ll appreciate having the prompts written on simple cards.
- Blank pages and cards for creating personalized word banks
- Printable lined pages for writing stories
- Graphic organizers to help with story planning
- Printing instructions
- Loads of ideas for using the word banks
Printables, PDF (available for immediate download)
My kids are loving these templates! My reluctant writer who cried about writing one paragraph has written two full pages!!
Ana Willis, They Call Me Blessed
My “writer” absolutely loves them, [and] my reluctant one is actually using them (nothing short of a miracle)!
Ruth Rodriguez, homeschooling parent