What Is Included in the Elementary Writing Prompt Collection?This set of 240 writing prompts will carry you through an entire calendar year. It includes a wide variety of topics to inspire your 3rd through 8th graders. The Writing Prompt Calendars are available only as a digital file that you print yourself. Upon purchase, you will receive an immediate download link to the PDF file, which may be printed in your choice of three formats (each containing the same prompts):
- 12 undated monthly calendars for January through December
- 240 writing prompt cards
- 240 writing prompt strips
Examples from the Elementary Writing Prompt Collection
- Where would you choose to stay for a week: an underwater hotel or an igloo hotel? Why?
- When you are in a bad mood, is it easy for you to snap out of it? Why or why not?
- You are a kitchen appliance. Write about one of your experiences.
- If you could snap your fingers and appear somewhere else, where would you be?
- What emergency supplies should everyone keep in their cars? Why?
- Describe your secret hideaway and tell what you would do there.
- Describe your pet’s experience if it went with you on a whitewater rafting trip.
Printables, PDF (available for immediate download)
I have my middle school kids respond to a prompt every single day, and these have been wonderfully received. Thanks!
Amy, middle school teacher
Thank you for these! My boys are loving them!
Brandy K., homeschooling mom
I love, love your writing calendars. Each year I create a summer binder for my children, and writing is one of our main objectives…. I have downloaded and printed the June calendar for their summer binder.
Jessica C., homeschooling mom
I love the calendar idea – perfect for us. Thank you!
Sharla, homeschooling mom