THIS PRODUCT IS TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED
Expected release of 5th Edition Handbook: July 15, 2020
We are revising the Handbook for Teaching in a Group Setting. The updated version will go along with the Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I & II (5th ed). Here's what you can look for in the 5th edition Handbook:
- New and updated schedules for teaching a weekly WriteShop I or II class
- Schedule breakdown of what to teach in class and what to assign for homework
- Even more suggestions for teaching each lesson
- New ideas for in-class pre-writing games and activities
- Dozens of new editing and grading tips for classroom teachers
- Virtual teaching tips
- And more!
This helpful handbook is a supplemental resource for teachers who use the 4th edition of WriteShop I and WriteShop II in a co-op, classroom, or small group setting. It is not a substitute for the Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I and II, which contains more detailed lesson plans and editing helps.
What Is Included in the Handbook?
- A variety of sample schedules for different teaching scenarios
- Ideas for presenting each WriteShop I and II lesson
- Tips for editing and grading student papers
- Suggestions for classroom management and structuring class time
- Appendix with reproducible forms such as homework sheets, parent handouts, blank schedule, and more
Each teacher must purchase his/her own e-Handbook. To receive your digital download, add the Handbook to your shopping cart. You will receive an email containing a download link to the e-book.
Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
Junior high and high school
PDF (available for immediate download)
No, this is an optional component
Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I & II
What Teachers Are Saying…
WriteShop I is working miracles in my class!!! I had about given up on this group of kids … I’m absolutely amazed at the writing I’m getting from them.
WriteShop is inspired! I’ve been teaching English for a long time—I absolutely love it! I haven’t seen anything in fifteen years that’s given such good results across the board. [Our school has] spent a lot of money in the past looking for something we can get excited about. We’re using WriteShop in all our junior high classes.
Kathy, California (Christian school administrator)
WriteShop has provided me with a great teaching tool. The writing assignments enlist the students’ experiences, the skill builders offer concrete practice in sentence variations and other writers’ tools, and the student checklists teach self-editing. The teacher’s checklist and evaluation sheets provide practical help for grading the compositions, and the teacher’s manual [and Handbook are] thorough. Overall, the WriteShop curriculum is a great hands-on program for classes or individuals. I highly recommend it to teachers, parents, and students alike.