Copying and Dictation Exercises for WriteShop I includes
- 16 literary passages, one for each WriteShop I lesson
- Well-spaced text for trouble-free reading.
- Large, clear fonts that are easy on the eyes
- One selection per page
- Parent instructions and extra resources
- 5.5" x 8.5" (print version)
- 8.5" x 11" (digital version)
If purchasing the E-book (digital) version
- Unlike the print version, E-book pages include blank lines directly beneath each passage on which students may copy the selection.
- Permission is granted to print pages for single-family use only.
Notice to Co-ops and Schools
- Co-ops and schools may NOT reproduce Copying and Dictation Exercises pages, but must either purchase one booklet for each student or obtain a site license from WriteShop.
- Please contact WriteShop regarding educational discounts and site-licensing information.
Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I & II, WriteShop I student workbook
No, this is an optional component
I am using this along with the Write Shop 1 curriculum. My son flies through the exercises quickly, and it just enhances the learning experience overall.
A. Rollins, homeschooling parent
The authors have actually resolved a critical problem with copying/dictation by requiring copying first, followed by dictation of the same piece. This way, students have already encountered unusual punctuation or sentence breaks that otherwise might be unpredictable when encountered only through dictation.
Cathy Duffy, Cathy Duffy Reviews