At last! A composition curriculum that meets the needs of both student and teacher!
Teachers love WriteShop! This flexible writing program is ideal for home schoolers, classrooms, or co-ops. So whether you teach at home or in a Christian school, offer a weekly class, or tutor privately, WriteShop I and II help seasoned teachers and insecure parents alike tackle junior high- and high school-level writing with confidence. You’ll love the detailed teacher lesson plans and step-by-step student instructions WriteShop offers.
WriteShop provides other helpful tools teachers and parents look for in a top-notch writing course. You’ll find all sorts of resources for teaching, editing, evaluating, and grading writing, including individualized checklists, evaluation forms, writing examples, and tips for objective grading.
With WriteShop, you’ll set your teens on a course for success. The lessons give them a chance to practice various kinds of writing, including creative writing, expository writing, and narrative writing. Assignments teach descriptive and informative paragraphs as well as first-and third-person narratives. The writing course also teaches students important techniques of style and self-editing. With each lesson, they learn and practice new skills, apply them to their current writing project, and edit and revise the composition several times. By the end of the lesson–after brainstorming, writing, editing, and revising–they’ll have a polished paper to be proud of!
[trx_button type=”square” style=”global” size=”big” fullsize=”no” color=”#a61c20″ top=”10″ bottom=”30″ link=”https://writeshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/WriteShop-I-II-Schedule-Options.pdf” popup=”no”]View Schedule Options[/trx_button]
Basic Set includes
- Teacher’s Manual for WriteShop I & II
- WriteShop I student workbook (Student workbooks are consumable. Purchase an extra WriteShop I or WriteShop II workbook for each additional student.)
- You will also receive an email containing a link to the free digital download: How to Get Started with WriteShop.
NOTE: Teacher’s Manual features a softcover, plastic-coil binding with sturdy tabbed dividers. Student Workbook is a paperback book with tear-off pages. Student workbook pages are 3-hole punched.
If you prefer the Starter Bundle
- You will receive the Teacher’s Guide and WriteShop I Student Workbook.
- You will also receive Copying and Dictation Exercises for WriteShop I, The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation, and a poster featuring the steps of the writing process.
If you prefer Video Lessons
- WriteShop I Video Course SET includes the Teacher’s Manual, WriteShop I Student Workbook, and The Blue Book of Grammar
- WriteShop I Video Course ONLY does not include books
A good thesaurus is also essential for WriteShop students. The Synonym Finder [affiliate link] is our favorite thesaurus, and we highly recommend it for use with the WriteShop program.
Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
6th-10th grade; may also be used with 11th graders w/little or no writing experience
Soft cover with plastic-coil binding; lies flat for ease of use; features tab-divided sections
Wraparound book cover with tear-off pages; 3-hole drilled; Paperback; Consumable workbook
WriteShop I student workbook, WriteShop II student workbook, Copying & Dictation Exercises
WriteShop I & II contain occasional Bible verses or mentions of God