Mining camp treasures printable writing prompt
It’s time for another monthly printable to make writing lessons easy in your homeschool! With this prompt, your children imagine they are exploring an abandoned mining camp.
Encourage your children to use their imagination to visualize the fictional scene before they start writing.
- How are you dressed as an excavating historian?
- What does the old mining camp look, sound, and smell like?
- What was mined here?
- Why was the mine abandoned?
- What kinds of things may have been discarded at this old camp?
- Where would you discover these discarded things and how would you unearth them?
After this verbal brainstorming, give your children the free printable writing prompt to describe what mining camp treasures they would find.
Mining Camp Treasures writing prompt
Imagine you are a historian who must explore an old mining camp. Describe the items you and your metal detector will discover.
Download your free mining camp treasures printable writing prompt
- Click here to download the mining camp treasures printable writing prompt
If you would like to share this free printable with others, please link to this post. Do not link directly to the PDF file.
We would love to see photos of your child with his or her completed mining camp treasures journal prompt. Take a photo and tag us @WriteShop on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter so we can see.
Lots more writing prompts await! Check back each week for more Writing Prompt Wednesdays!
Sign up for the WriteShop list to get your free 33 printable word bank prompts.