NOTE: This is not a physical (print) book. It comes as a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD that you print at home, making as many copies of the pages as your children need. You only need to purchase one Junior Writer's Notebook 2 for your entire family's use. (If you purchase the Book F Value Pack, the Junior Writer's Notebook is included.)
. . . . .
A Writer’s Notebook helps young writers develop stronger, more interesting stories and reports. This special notebook is often called a "seed bed" for ideas. Some of these “seeds” will sprout and grow to become stories. Others will remain ideas that your child might explore and develop at another time.
WriteShop’s Junior Writer’s Notebook pages not only help improve writing skills, they make writing even more fun!
Who Can Use This Product?
- Perfect for ages 8-12
- May be used alongside ANY writing program to enhance the writing experience
- May be used as an OPTIONAL resource that specifically coordinates with lessons in WriteShop Junior Book F
What Is Included?
The Junior Writer’s Notebook 2 is a digital PDF file that you download to your computer. It contains 15 printable worksheets to help children plan and write. These worksheets, which can be used over and over, guide them to develop stories more fully, add important details, or prepare interesting reports.
- Genre at a Glance: Brief descriptions of popular writing genres to spark story ideas
- Genre: Adventure: Choose elements for an exciting adventure story
- Genre: Tall Tales: Use figures of speech and exaggeration to plan a humorous tall tale
- Genre: Mystery: Plan the ingredients for the perfect mystery
- Genre: Historical Fiction: Focus on character, setting, plot, and interesting details
- Genre: Poetry: Choose different poetic devices to enhance a poem
- Writing a Letter: Plan and organize three kinds of letters
- Personal Narrative: Jumpstart ideas for making a personal experience come alive
- Summary: Write a summary of a book or short story
- Book Report: Plan a book report and write your opinion
- Nonfiction Report: Plan the topic, resources, and visual aids for any report
- Create Interesting Characters: Develop details that make each of your characters unique
- Map Your Plot: Come up with a plot that guides your story and gives it direction
- Track Your Timeline: Organize the events of your story in the order they happen
- Sensory Details: Brainstorm ways to add sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell to your writing
- Permission is granted to parents to print out unlimited pages for single-family use only.
- Schools and co-ops may contact WriteShop regarding educational discounts and licensing information.
Nancy I. Sanders
PDF (available for immediate download)
15 printable worksheets to use again and again
No, this is an optional component, which may also be used as a set of standalone writing tools.
Activity Pack F, Teacher's Guide Book F, Time-Saver Pack F