NOTE: This is not a physical (print) book. It comes as a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD that you print at home, making as many copies of the pages as your children need. You only need to purchase one Junior Writer's Notebook for your entire family's use. (If you purchase the Book E Value Pack, the Junior Writer's Notebook is included.)
. . . . .
A Writer’s Notebook helps young writers develop stronger, more interesting stories and reports. This special notebook is often called a "seed bed" for ideas. Some of these “seeds” will sprout and grow to become stories. Others will remain ideas that your child might explore and develop at another time.
WriteShop’s Junior Writer’s Notebook pages not only help improve writing skills, they make writing even more fun!
Who Can Use This Product?
- Perfect for ages 8-12
- May be used alongside ANY writing program to enhance the writing experience
- May be used as an OPTIONAL resource that specifically coordinates with lessons in WriteShop Junior Book E
What Is Included?
The Junior Writer’s Notebook 1 is a digital PDF file that you download to your computer. It contains 12 printable worksheets to help children plan and write. These worksheets, which can be used over and over, guide them to develop stories more fully, add important details, or prepare interesting reports.
- Character Interview Worksheet: Develop character details
- Staging the Setting: Develop scene and setting details
- Planning the Plot: Plan the beginning, middle, and end of a story
- Title Toolbox: Brainstorm for interesting titles
- Writer’s Word Bank: Gather topic-related words to use in a story or report
- Story Wraps: Think of interesting topic and closing sentences
- Poetic Possibilities: Plan three kinds of poems
- Getting Emotional: Give stories a stronger voice
- Emotions Word Bank: Add emotion to any story
- Describe It! Add descriptive detail to any story or report
- Your Opinion Counts: Write your opinion about any book
- Write a Report: Plan the topic, resources, and visual aids for any report
- Permission is granted to parents to print out unlimited pages for single-family use only.
- Schools and co-ops may contact WriteShop regarding educational discounts and site-licensing information.
Nancy I. Sanders
PDF (available for immediate download)
12 printable worksheets to use again and again
No, this is an optional component
Teacher's Guide Book E, Activity Pack E, Time-Saver Pack E