Teaching a WriteShop I or II class?
NEW for 2020! Revised and updated!
This helpful handbook is a supplemental resource for teachers who use either the 4th or 5th edition of WriteShop I and WriteShop II in a co-op, classroom, or small group setting. It is not a substitute for the Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I and II, which contains more detailed lesson plans and editing helps.
What Is Included in the Handbook?
- Schedules for teaching a weekly WriteShop I or II class, including teaching either WriteShop I or II in one year OR teaching both WriteShop I and II in one year
- Breakdown of what to teach in class and what to assign for homework
- Supplemental in-class teaching ideas for each WriteShop I and II lesson
- Additional in-class pre-writing activities
- Dozens of editing and grading tips for classroom teachers
- Suggestions for classroom management and structuring class time
- Tips for teaching remotely/virtually
- Appendix with reproducible forms such as homework sheets, parent handouts, blank schedule, and more
Teachers must purchase their own digital Classroom Handbook for WriteShop I & II (the file cannot be shared). To receive your digital download, add the Handbook to your shopping cart. You will receive an email containing a download link.
Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
Junior high and high school
PDF (available for immediate download)
No, this is an optional component
Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I & II