Candy store printable writing prompt
What could be more delightful for a child than being surrounded by candy all day long? In this month’s free printable writing prompt, your young writers persuade the owner of a candy store to hire them.
Encourage your children to use their imagination to visualize the fictional scene before they start writing.
- What kind of candy store is it?
- Does it sell designer chocolates in glass cases? Or is the store lined with bins of gleaming jelly beans?
- Is it located in a quiet plaza or in a busy mall?
- What kind of customers shop there?
- What work would your children do as employees there?
After this verbal brainstorming, give them the free printable writing prompt to outline their three reasons why they are the perfect candidates for the job.
The sweetest job writing prompt
Your favorite candy store is hiring children. Write a letter to the owner of the store, explaining three reasons why you are the perfect person for the job.
Download your free candy store printable writing prompt
- Click here to download “The sweetest job” free writing prompt.
If you would like to share this free printable with others, please link to this post. Do not link directly to the PDF file.
We would love to see photos of your child with his or her completed “The Sweetest Job” journal prompt. Take a photo and tag us @WriteShop on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter so we can see.
Lots more writing prompts await! Check back each week for more Writing Prompt Wednesdays!