WriteShop I Basic Set sets teens on a course for success. Lessons teach various kinds of writing, including creative writing, expository writing, narrative, persuasive, and essay writing. Students also learn important techniques of style and self-editing. With each lesson, they learn and practice new skills, apply them to their current writing project, and edit and revise the composition several times. By the end of the lesson, they'll have a polished paper to be proud of!
Parents and teachers love WriteShop! This flexible writing program is ideal for homeschoolers, classrooms, or co-ops. So whether you teach at home or in a school, offer a weekly class, or tutor privately, WriteShop I and II help seasoned teachers and insecure parents tackle junior high- and high school-level writing with confidence. You'll love the detailed lesson plans and step-by-step student instructions.
What's new in the 5th edition?
- Faith-neutral content
- Updated, streamlined introductions
- Updated content in some lessons
- Updated answer keys
- Updated student & teacher checklists
- Updated parent-friendly schedules
- Improved, high-resolution quality
Basic Set includes
- Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I & II
- WriteShop I student workbook (Student workbooks are consumable. Purchase an extra WriteShop I or WriteShop II workbook for each additional student.)
NOTE: Teacher's Manual features a softcover, plastic-coil binding with sturdy tabbed dividers. Student Workbook is a paperback book with loose-leaf pages. Student workbook pages are 3-hole punched and ready for your own binder.
If you prefer the Starter Bundle
- You will receive the Teacher's Guide and WriteShop I Student Workbook.
- You will also receive Copying and Dictation Exercises for WriteShop I, The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation, and a poster featuring the steps of the writing process.
If you prefer Video Lessons
- WriteShop I Video Course ONLY (does not include books)
Each child will need his or her own student workbook. The consumable WriteShop I Student Workbook has some copying restrictions, so you may either purchase one WriteShop I workbook per child, or you may duplicate certain pages according to WriteShop's copyright:
- Permission is granted to copy worksheet pages and rubrics for single-family use only (i.e. pages with blank lines or other fill-in options).
- You DO NOT have permission to reproduce read-only pages (pages not meant to be written on).
- Purchase the e-book (digital) version if you plan to make copies of the entire student workbook (single-family use only).
- Co-ops and schools may NOT make copies. Please contact WriteShop regarding educational discounts and site-licensing information.
E-BOOK (DIGITAL) VERSION
You will receive an email containing a link to the digital download of the WriteShop I Student Workbook.
A good thesaurus is also essential for WriteShop students. The Synonym Finder [affiliate link] is our favorite thesaurus, and we highly recommend it for use with the WriteShop program.
Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
middle or high school, 6th-10th grade; may also be used with 11th graders w/little or no writing experience
WS I & II Teacher's Manual, WS I Student Workbook
WriteShop I student workbook, WriteShop II student workbook, Copying & Dictation Exercises