Writing and Remembering: Writing Prompts about 9/11
Ask your kids to write a short essay, journal entry, or even a list about the events of September 11, 2001. Here are a few Here are a few writing prompts about 9/11 to get them started.
Writing Prompts and Exercises
- September 11th is a Day of Remembrance. As we honor those who lost their lives on this day 2001, make a list of everything in your life that you are thankful for.
- Did the events of that day change your thoughts about your life? In what ways, if any, did you change?
- Write about your reaction to the September 11th attack.
- Or, maybe you’re too young to remember the actual events of 9/11. You are not immune to the ripple effect, though. Write about how the September 11th attack continues to affect even those who have no memory of that day.
- There were many heroes during the September 11th tragedy. Write about a hero or a heroic event that you remember or that you have observed in a documentary.